Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wishlist



Pearl Jam's 'Yield' might not have netted the commercial and fan-fuelled acclaim that greeted stone cold classics like 'Ten' and 'Vs.' upon its initial release in 1998, but it has steadily grown in stature to become one of the more consistently solid works in the veteran rockers' discography. Having successfully extricated themselves from the hermetic trappings of now-defunct grunge-rock sensibilities, the band adeptly laid down a sometimes-difficult, but often-rewarding mix of tightly wound rockers and restrained but heartfelt ballads that finally completed their reinvention. Check out a live reading of the driving, engaging 'Wishlist', a quietly confident piece about the power of creative dreaming, replete with an inventory of out-of-this-world images (“I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off/I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun”).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home